The Cassiobury bandstand was finally opened on Sunday afternoon after its renovation and relocation from beside the library.
It was originally installed in the park in 1912, but fell into disrepair after the demolition of Cassiobury House in 1927 and was moved to the library setting in the 1970s. The £150,000 restoration was funded by the Heritage Lottery and the Big Lottery funds.
A huge crowd was there to hear the live music, many of whom appeared to have come from further afield. Here are some pics: